What would it feel like if you didn't feel you had to uphold appearances and you spoke your truth? How would your live be different?
It’s easy to get caught up in doing and saying all the things we’re supposed to do and say.
We get caught up in the formula of how things are done in our society, especially in parenting and business. I think it happens so easily we can lose sight of what our truth even is!
I don’t know about you, but I feel inundated with noise in the form of “information” about how to be the best mom, how to create a sales funnel that converts beyond my wildest dreams, how to keep the love alive in my marriage, and on and on.
I know if it’s true for me it’s probably true for you, too.
Let me tell you, I sure as hell don’t want to contribute to the noise, so let’s talk truth.
It’s SUPER scary to me for you to know this, but here’s what’s true for me right now:
- I’m curious what would happen in my business if I threw my “message” aside and only talked about what I’m thinking about and what interests me. What if I didn’t follow a business plan and I made shit up as I go according to what felt good to me?
- I don’t know what I’m doing. I’m 45 years old and I’m still trying to figure my shit out and it’s really hard to not beat myself up for not having it all figured out by now.
That doesn’t mean I’m lying around dying inside, unable to function, but it does mean that I don’t have everything in my business figured out. It means that I can’t possibly imagine what my home is going to be like when my oldest daughter goes to college this fall. It means I’m feeling allll the feels in life right now and it’s ok. I’m ok.
- I love all our pets but I’m really freaking tired of not being able to have nice things because of them. We have dogs and cats and it seems like someone’s always puking somewhere in the house, most usually on my new rugs. The new bedding on my bed is being picked and pulled at with little cat claws. And the hair! The hair is a constant battle, and I’m so over it.
- I’m tired of being something to everyone. There’s always a role to play, and lately I just want to play ME.
- I’m experiencing decision fatigue big time, and some days I want to crawl in a hole and answer to no one.
- Social media takes up too much of my time. Not from a business perspective but from a lack of using my time wisely kind of way. I’m checking in WAY too often out of habit.
- I have lots of great ideas in my business. Usually a couple of days after said good idea, I’m on to something else. #shinyobjectsyndrome
- I’m discovering through working with my business coach, I spend too much time thinking about what my tribe would like me to talk about rather than showing up and doing things that excite me. I’m a work in progress.
- I’m craving spontaneity. I long for the days when I could have a thought and drop everything and act on it. I’m making a plan for getting more of this feeling back into my life.
I’m tired, friend. I’m tired of following all the rules. Sure there are rules in our society that I choose to abide by, but you can’t even imagine the rules I’ve created for myself in my mind.
A good wife does x, y, z.
A good mom serves a nutritious meal 7 days a week or something insane and super unrealistic like that.
A successful entrepreneur has at least three big launches a year.
Success looks like this.
I’m telling you the rules in my head go on and on. And the real bitch of it is, with the expectations I have set for myself, I can never win!
And so, I’m tired.
I’m tired and I’m ready to surrender to all the hype and the noise online, all the BS society says I’m supposed to be doing, and all the crap rules and expectations inside my head.
I’m not telling you all this so you will feel bad for me. I’m sharing my truth today in hopes that it will help you cut through all the noise and the BS and tell YOUR truth.
“When you write your truth, it is a love offering to the world because it helps us feel braver and less alone.”― Glennon Doyle Melton
Sometimes the truth is a hard pill to swallow, but I also know the truth will set you free.
If you’re a smart, creative woman (even if you’re not QUITE owning it yet), looking to get clear about what you crave, how to write a new story for your life, and move beyond fear that’s holding you back from making it all happen, let’s talk.
I want to help you begin to have the life you want NOW and start planning the legacy you want to create.
Click here to book a free call mini session with me. We’ll spend 30 minutes diving into your life, setting some goals and talking about what the accountability and support of working together would look like.